It's kind of surreal for it to be made into a movie. I remember when The Hunger Games became a movie and I flipped out. I started reading the City of Bones series in the eighth grade, around the same time that I started this blog and also around the same time that I read THG. It's been so long--a little over three years now--and I'm overly excited that they're making a film adaptation of it.
From what I've seen in the trailer (below), it's pretty close to the book. I mean, of course, there are always things that aren't going to be exactly adapted (e.g. how she finds the Shadowhunters the first time in the club). And Jace has an accent. That made me smile because it's really cool that he has an accent. It didn't describe on in the book, but I think it's really beautiful. And it makes Jamie Campbell Bower (who is beautiful) a very interesting Jace. As long as it's not a Percy Jackson and the Olympians repeat, I think I'll be good.
If you haven't watched Percy Jackson, please don't. Read the book. It's so much better.
The cast is as follows:
- Lily Collins as Clarissa "Clary" Fray
- Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace Wayland
- Robert Sheehan as Simon Lewis
- Jemima West as Isabelle Lightwood
- Kevin Zergers as Alec Lightwood
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine Morgenstern
- Lena Heady as Jocelyn Fray
- Aiden Turner as Luke Garroway
- Jared Harris as Hodge Starkweather
I'm very, very excited. Anyone else?