It's my version of My Mailbox. Since I don't get stuff in the mail I'm just changing it to my e-mail. :D
I have two new books from netGalley to read. :DD
Dark and Disorderly by Bernita Harris
"I was standing there naked when my dead husband walked into my bathroom..."
Lillie St. Claire is a Talent, one of the rare few who can permanently dispatch the spirits of the dead that walk the earth. Her skills are in demand in a haunted country, where a plague of ghosts is becoming a civic nuisance.
Those skills bring her into conflict with frightened citizens who view Talents as near-demons. Her husband comes to see her as a Freak; so when Nathan dies after a car crash, she is relieved to be free of his increasingly vicious presence. Lillie expects to be haunted by Nathan's ghost, but not to become Suspect #1 for her husband's murder and reanimation
But what's most surprising of all is the growing attraction between her and psi-crime detective John Thresher. He thinks that Lillie killed Nathan--and Nathan must agree, because his zombie is seeking revenge. Now she and Thresher must work together to solve her husband's murder--before his corpse kills her...
and
I'll Become the Sea Rebecca Rogers Maher (No picture available)
Jane Elliott has found peace. By all accounts, she's a success story: a survivor of childhood abuse who has dedicated her life to teaching. She's also engaged to marry Ben, an ambitious documentary filmmaker.
But hers is a false and fragile peace. Focusing on her students at an urban Jersey Shore school and maintaining a relationship with an absentee fiancé conveniently keep Jane from feeling much of anything at all.
This safe existence is threatened when she meets David, a musician who runs an afterschool program for at-risk kids. Because of her commitment to Ben, Jane can deny her attraction to David and convince herself they are just good friends.
But an accident, a death, a grim family obligation and her own intense desire force Jane to overcome the past, rethink the present-and take a genuine risk on love.
Pages
Important Notices
Special Announcements
Giveaways:
There is nothing in this category at the moment.
Other:
There is nothing in this category at the moment.
Giveaways:
There is nothing in this category at the moment.
Other:
There is nothing in this category at the moment.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review of "The Final Girl Support Group" by Grady Hendrix
Title: The Final Girl Support Group Author: Grady Hendrix Release Date: July 13, 2021 Rating: 3/5 Publisher: Berkley Books TW: ...
-
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our lov...
-
Wow, this thing is all over the place and I guess now it's been given to me(: I would like to thank Courtney at Courtney Reads and I w...
-
Blog Hopper lets bloggers connect with other bloggers and read their blogs. It's a Friday - Monday thing every single week. So, hop on t...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the commment! I really appreciate them!
So, what have you got to say my fellow readers and bloggers?